Thursday, May 16, 2013

First HUGE adjustment.

      Recently I've made a few huge life adjustments. Among other changes, the main HUGE one was breaking up with my long-term boyfriend of almost three years. He was completely perfect on paper; so handsome, sweet, kind, loving, all of the above. But with this being said, I constantly felt like deep down I didn't deserve him. Despite his undying patience and love for me  I just didn't feel complete. One day I realized that I couldn't keep doing this to myself...I need to find myself. I need to fix whatever is broken within me. I've never allowed myself to be completely raw. I've always had a person to "anchor" myself to. Whether it'd be a boyfriend, my best friends, family etc. But now this break-up, coupled with living completely alone for the first time ever, has forced me into this raw, vulnerable period. This blog is dedicated to my exploration and growth this summer. 
     So as this blog begins I am at the one week mark of breaking up with him. It also marks me at almost one week of living alone. Mind you, I've moved almost three hours away to work with an incredible program, McNair Scholars doing research I absolutely love. You can read more about my research in future blog posts. McNair is keeping me very busy, which keeps my mind off of the "ugly stuff" and more on the "pretty stuff." Let's go over these terms more in depth...
  • Ugly stuff =
    • The boy (Memories, regrets, things left unsaid, etc.)
    • Missing my best friends back home
    • Lack of money (my money tree hasn't begun to blossom yet)  
    • Living alone
  • Pretty stuff =
    • Yoga
    • Meditation
    • My Exploration into Buddhism
    • Making new friends 
    • Personal trainer
     So cue in my exploration...I'm beginning an active journey into finding myself. Feel free to read along :)

1 comment: